No need for a gym, all you need is YOU and a chair! The following 8 moves will have your heart pumping and toning just about every muscle you have. Unless otherwise stated, do 10 to 15 reps of each move in the order listed and repeat the sequence two to three times for an excellent all over workout anywhere.
1. Incline Push-ups: Place hands on the seat and walk feet to plank position, bend elbows and lower body towards the seat and push back up. Repeat.
2. Plank Knee Cross: Place hands on seat, walk feet back into plank and bring left knee towards right elbow, pause and return to start and repeat on the other side.
3. Step ups: Step on to the chair and off again as fast as you can.
4. Triceps dips: Sit on chair and then place hands by your hips and slide off the chair so the hands remain on chair with fingers facing forward, now bend elbows and lower yourself to the ground and by straightening your elbows push back up again. The further the feet are from the chair the harder the activity.
5. Single leg sit and stand: Sit on the chair, balance on one foot and straighten the other in front of you. Now push through your heel and stand without using your arms. Return to seated and repeat.
6. Seat taps: Stand facing the chair, tap the seat of the chair with your left toes, quickly bring the left foot back to the ground and tap with the right foot. Repeat.
7. Incline plank jacks: Place hands on seat, walk feet out into plank and jump feet out simultaneously and back into plank again trying to keep the back flat and the core tight. Repeat.
8. Front kicks: Stand behind the chair, balance weight on one leg and aim to tap the top of the chair with your toes, touch toes back on to the ground and repeat 15 times before switching legs.
Have a great workout!